1963 Generator/Alternator bracket placement

FoxyRoxy

FoxyRoxy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I saw a photo on a thread that has the tension adjustment bracket in an upper position wich is opposite from where it was on mine before tear down. I have it in tge upper position now. Is this correct?

20200822_122329.jpgipbLsMg.jpg20200528_190715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I inserted your photos into your poat. You can learn how here-

Last edited:
Ok. Thx. Do you have 2 belts on yours?

I saw a photo on a thread that has the tension adjustment bracket in an upper position wich is opposite from where it was on mine before tear down. I have it in tge upper position now. Is this correct?

View attachment 13095View attachment 13096View attachment 13097
I have a 61 conv that I am cleaning up from an intake manifold oil leak and I am considering converting the generator to an alternator for posterity. I see kits online for doing this to model years 62, 63 but not for 61. Just wondering what may be a complication for 61? Bracket alignment or electrical upgrade? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 0315211714a.jpg
    0315211714a.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
I will be changing mine over eventually but existing generator is working fine with starting and running power. I see you have passenger side coolant lines but looks like plenty of room. Doesn't look like you have a water pump to generator bracket so im not sure how the alternator would mount.

I will be changing mine over eventually but existing generator is working fine with starting and running power. I see you have passenger side coolant lines but looks like plenty of room. Doesn't look like you have a water pump to generator bracket so im not sure how the alternator would mount.
Thanks for the input. I decided to keep the old generator. after all it is a Classic Car. Now I am trying to determine how to extend or modify this tank as it is interferring with the new HEI distributor I am mounting. any thoughts?

Attachments

• interferrence fit.jpg
    interferrence fit.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 0
Wow. That's a biggin . I don't currently have my tank mounted. I made my own for now while I restore it and the original brass radiator. I think you may get a water neck spacer plate to fit. I've seen them at Summit for chevy sizing so should have one for Ford bolt pattern. While I have ya. Would you happen to have time to take a pic of your power steering lines. Im having trouble re running those. Curious to know what yours has. Nice engine block BTW. 16168614825837124159294489417305.jpg

Back