1963 carburetor identification

Tijuana Taxi

Tijuana Taxi

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Compliance plate numbers suggest i should have a 6 barrel carby, its not.
The ID tag on the carby reads:
C 4SF B
A 3KD

Any help identifying this would be appreciated.
TT.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

F4-4100.jpg

This 4 barrel carburetor was made by Ford, it is a F4-4100. The carburetor has a part number of C4SF-B and was used on 58-64 Fords.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Some people may think that any carburetor is inferior to a Holley. I have found and heard from others that the Ford/Autolite carburetors are easy to work on and once adjusted stay adjusted. they are also trouble free.

Thanks for the replies chaps, my 63 was sucking alot of fuel, running very rich, using approximately 30 litres per 100 kilometers.
Thinking the carby was at fault i was trying to identify it with the view of putting a kit through it.
After starting at the plugs, ( set at anywhere from 24-28 thou not 35 thou) and the points set at 4 thou not 15, the car is running beautifully now. Plugs aren't wet anymore, a better spark through the leads and the exhaust has a nicer grey to it rather than the black it was prior.
Lesson learnt, check the basics first before jumping into the deep end.
Tijuana Taxi.

My 63 has trouble starting. I need to prime it by hand but lately has been backfiring flame from the carb. Very hard to start then idles to high. Did you have similar symptoms before adjusting?

Back