1962 Disconnecting Antenna

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know how to disconnect the antenna so I can get the car cover on ?? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forum, please choose a topic that summarizes what your post is about. "1962 Sport Roadster" could be anything. I am updating your title now.

model-year.jpg

I would not
Does anyone know how to disconnect the antenna so I can get the car cover on ?? Thanks
I would not screw around with the antenna. Easiest thing is to simply cut a small sliver in the cover.

I thought it screwed apart the nut turns but the mast doesn't come off. Thanks

If it is like the baby birds it drops down into the fender. As Dilanni, states cut a hole in the cover and there are plastic gromets you can snap over the hole to keep it from fraying.

If it is like the baby birds it drops down into the fender. As Dilanni, states cut a hole in the cover and there are plastic gromets you can snap over the hole to keep it from fraying.
Thanks Ill look for a new cover

The usual method is to make a hole in the cover. Antenna's usually have a chrome bezel at the fender that unscrews. Probably has two indentions for tool to tighten an loosen. This will drop the whole antenna down though.

Back