1962 convertible top wiring diagram

Choc
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone !! , I live in Queensland Australia , so unfortunately not a great deal of Birds down this way .. so limited experienced folk on these old girls , witch brings me here !!.. My Bird is currently at the Auto Electricians .. the convertible top was stopping ..intermittently ..& randomly through it's sequence .up or down . my sparky is having problems tracking down the problem..& he said he was having no luck trying to track down a (factory correct) wiring diagram for the 62 convertible roof system .. as she is an original old girl ...Not that i know exactly what he is chasing ...(as to the contents of the diagram itself ??) .. bu I also have found nothing convincing in my Google searches either ...I am wondering if anyone on here... is in the know ... & would be kind enough to help out in some way ?? Cheers ..Choc

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi there mate! Check out the attached guide

And I have to ask, what's it like driving the T Bird down under? You must get all kinds of attention and questions, right?

Doug

Attachments

• TroubleShootingConvertibleTop60-66Tbirds.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, if you just “flick” the spring loaded limit switches, the top will continue thru the cycle.....

I purchased complete convertible top wiring harness, 2, from The Birds Nest.
They also rebuilt all of the micro/ limit switches.
Also, I purchased all the hydraulics, hoses, pump solenoid.
Great phone tech help.
61 convertible. Wonderful car, so fun to drive.

I purchased complete convertible top wiring harness, 2, from The Birds Nest.
They also rebuilt all of the micro/ limit switches.
Also, I purchased all the hydraulics, hoses, pump solenoid.
Great phone tech help.
61 convertible. Wonderful car, so fun to drive.
Yes !! I seen all the good stuff ..on the bird nest .. may need to use them yet ?? thank you !!

Last edited:
Hi Choc. I just discovered this site (thanks to this forum). Check out the this site for convertible top parts:

https://www.wilsontbird.com/

Doug

Back