1962 convertible top frame replacement

Thunderbird Steve

Thunderbird Steve

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Boy have I done it - I broke the "frame" on each side of the car (Don't ask me how). I've looked in my Convertible Top Repair Manual and it does not show. Part Number, however, is CISB-7653139BW. Pictures below. The top still goes up and down, but I know I need to replace this "frame" or have it welded (a much less desirable solution).

Any ideas on where I might find a source from "frames?"

Thanks,

Thunderbird Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 23

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would weld that. A good nicely cleaned up and you would not see it.

I would weld that. A good nicely cleaned up and you would not see it.
Probably the best solution since no one is making a replacement for this piece and finding one in a junk yard with a "scapped" Thunderbird convertible too improbable

Have you tried pat Wilson’s Tbird parts out of newton nj 973-579-7205 he is not cheap but has a whole yard full Tbird’s and new parts also

Have you tried pat Wilson’s Tbird parts out of newton nj 973-579-7205 he is not cheap but has a whole yard full Tbird’s and new parts also
Jim,

Thanks. I'll keep his number for the future.

Thankfully - problem solved by Larry's T Bird & Mustang in Corona, CA. $1,600 from a supplier of theirs who has access to a few old thunderbird convertibles

Boy have I done it - I broke the "frame" on each side of the car (Don't ask me how). I've looked in my Convertible Top Repair Manual and it does not show. Part Number, however, is CISB-7653139BW. Pictures below. The top still goes up and down, but I know I need to replace this "frame" or have it welded (a much less desirable solution).

Thanks,

Thunderbird Steve

Just curious - how in the world does something like this get broken?
Factory defect/weak spot? Or some sort of stress over the years?

Thanks,

Thunderbird Steve
Hello Steve

I broke the right side arm because tried to raise the top before the right side latch was not properly released.
I have the left side part.
Welding is probably the least cost solution. If not let me know .

Back