1961 no power after start, engine dies

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just rebuilt and added Edelbrock Heads, Cam and Sanderson Headers. Probably more cam than I would like but the real problem is after running a few minutes, all electric goes off and engine dies?? Seems to be tied to Starter solenoid, but not sure. Ideas anyone?
Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Check your ground on the engine block. Sounds like it's loose.

Just rebuilt and added Edelbrock Heads, Cam and Sanderson Headers. Probably more cam than I would like but the real problem is after running a few minutes, all electric goes off and engine dies?? Seems to be tied to Starter solenoid, but not sure. Ideas anyone?
Thanks.
Sounds like circuit breaker that feeds ignition. They reset after about 30 seconds or less and everything should work momentarily.

How about running a hot wire from the battery to the positive side of coil. If it stays running you know you have a wire to coil Problem. You could have a bad coil. It run normally until it heats up.

Back