1961 filling power steering fluid

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The shop manual says in part “fill through filler hole in steer gear housing with ford spec lube“. Is that just for manual steering? There seems to be no fill hole anywhere. I get the ATF in the reservoir part, is that all that’s required. Just want to be clear…

tks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jack up the front of the car until the wheels are off the ground. pour fluid in the reservoir. Start the car and turn steering wheel left and right. Put more fluid in the reservoir and repeat until system is full.

Jack up the front of the car until the wheels are off the ground. pour fluid in the reservoir. Start the car and turn steering wheel left and right. Put more fluid in the reservoir and repeat until system is full.
Thanks inspector, so no to anything other than ATF in reservoir? Side question if you will. Did the bullet birds even ever come without power steering?

Back