1961,early 62 800X14 Proper Bias Ply Bf Goodrich Tires

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
800 X 14 BF Goodrich Tires 2.25 Whitewall as original on 1961 and Early 1962 Thunderbirds. Almost new condition with 9.5 32nds tread left worn evenly. $ 100.00 each (set $400.00).
See pictures
DSC02254.JPGDSC02255.JPGDSC02256.JPGDSC02257.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I took these tires off in 2018 when I put Radials and sway bars on my 1961 Thunderbird
Can you verify the manufactured date? It is stamped on the tire. And where are you located? I am near Williamsburg, Va. If more than a few hours away they will have to be shipped. Thank you

Can you verify the manufactured date? It is stamped on the tire. And where are you located? I am near Williamsburg, Va. If more than a few hours away they will have to be shipped. Thank you
The date is next to the size. I can almost make it out but no sure if it is 9 18 which is the month and year. If you can take a clearer pic that would be great. I am really interested. Thank you

The date is next to the size. I can almost make it out but no sure if it is 9 18 which is the month and year. If you can take a clearer pic that would be great. I am really interested. Thank you
The manufacture date is next to the DOT stamp. It maybe on the back of the tire. I have them same tires on my tbird and I looked but cannot find it. So it must be in the back.

Just wondering if you found the date. And where do you live? I am near Williamsburg Va. I will pay for shipping, if you are outside of Va more than 3 hours otherwise I will drive to get them.

Just wondering if you found the date. And where do you live? I am near Williamsburg Va. I will pay for shipping, if you are outside of Va more than 3 hours otherwise I will drive to get them.
Sorry for the delay- the last 4 numbers are 3814. They were new when I removed them in 2018 and stored in heated dry storage right after I purchased my 1961 Thunderbird. I was saving them for show but have not done so yet.

Sorry for the delay- the last 4 numbers are 3814. They were new when I removed them in 2018 and stored in heated dry storage right after I purchased my 1961 Thunderbird. I was saving them for show but have not done so yet.
The 3814 means made in the 38th week of 2014. I will take your word that there is not cracking or dry rot. Ok I will take them. How do you want to proceed? Are you on the east coast? Are you going to Ford Weekend at Carlisle Pa, I am? I have a cousin who lives in a small town only 10-15 min way from the fairgrounds. Take care. My name is George Siecko, 804-980-5042 - georgesiecko@***********

The 3814 means made in the 38th week of 2014. I will take your word that there is not cracking or dry rot. Ok I will take them. How do you want to proceed? Are you on the east coast? Are you going to Ford Weekend at Carlisle Pa, I am? I have a cousin who lives in a small town only 10-15 min way from the fairgrounds. Take care. My name is George Siecko, 804-980-5042 - georgesiecko@***********
I am in Dallas Texas and typically, the tires can be sent by Fedex two tires taped together which makes one shipment- 4 tires two shipments. No wrapping or box needed. (Used to be in the tire business many years ago). My name is Rockwell Browning (Rock), address is 6223 La Cosa Drive, Dallas, TX 75248. 214-244-2588.
I will get a price for shipping as described and let you know. I have not been to Carlisle in many years, and miss it!
Thank you.

I am in Dallas Texas and typically, the tires can be sent by Fedex two tires taped together which makes one shipment- 4 tires two shipments. No wrapping or box needed. (Used to be in the tire business many years ago). My name is Rockwell Browning (Rock), address is 6223 La Cosa Drive, Dallas, TX 75248. 214-244-2588.
I will get a price for shipping as described and let you know. I have not been to Carlisle in many years, and miss it!
Thank you.
Rock, thanks. It is a bit too far to drive. You should at least go to fall Carlisle or Hershey which is spectacular. Looking forward to a new set of tires. The front end is way out and wore out. Take care

Rock, thanks. It is a bit too far to drive. You should at least go to fall Carlisle or Hershey which is spectacular. Looking forward to a new set of tires. The front end is way out and wore out. Take care
The pricing for shipping is approximately $250.00 for the 4 tires. I don't have a deal for the shipping, so if you know someone that does a lot of shipping, it would, probably, save you money. The tires weigh 35# each, dimensions are 27.5" X 6"

The pricing for shipping is approximately $250.00 for the 4 tires. I don't have a deal for the shipping, so if you know someone that does a lot of shipping, it would, probably, save you money. The tires weigh 35# each, dimensions are 27.5" X 6"
That is too much. I saw coker stated $25 per tire . Maybe they get a discount since they ship many tines a day. I will have to pass on them. Coker has free shipping with 4 tires, so I may go that route. I was expecting $100 to ship them. Thanks and good luck.

That is too much. I saw coker stated $25 per tire . Maybe they get a discount since they ship many tines a day. I will have to pass on them. Coker has free shipping with 4 tires, so I may go that route. I was expecting $100 to ship them. Thanks and good luck.

That is cheap, but this same tire at Coker is $250. each. Thanks anyway

That is cheap, but this same tire at Coker is $250. each. Thanks anyway
Yes I know that 4 tires cost almost $900. I actually have 4 in my cart. I have to get some engine work done which will cost $700 + and I am getting some chrome pieces added and some other things done at a body shop and that estimate is also over $700 on the high end. When i go toe Carlisle I will mention your tires to the TBird club. Maybe someone near you can get them. Take care

Back