1959 Muffler Options | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1959 Muffler Options

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulB
  • Start date Start date
PaulB

PaulB

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I need to replace my mufflers on my 59, both have holes in them. I'm really confused by the muffler options available out there. Both in brands and sizes. I'm not even sure if my mufflers are original to the car. My current mufflers have a case length of 18", case width of 11", and thickness of 4.5". I'm not finding any mufflers that have those dimensions. I'm looking for a non-aggressive muffler, but I wouldn't mind if it had a little deep tone to it either. I've looked at Dynomax Super Turbo but can't find anything close to that size. My exhaust pipe is 2" and all the mufflers I'm finding are 2.5" or 3". Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have you talked to a local muffler shop yet? Many of these guys do performance systems and are well versed on the different options and tone ranges.

Back