1959 brake delay

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is it Normal for a 59, Thunder brakes to raised up then pushed in when braking, as pedal is raised there is a few second gap, that's dangerous

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forums, please include the model year in your subject as prompted. I've added it to your post.

Also, your post isn't really clear what the problem is. What do you mean by "a few second gap"? What type of brakes do you have?
model-year-TBF.jpg

It sounds like you need to adjust the brakes...

When peddle pushes to floor it switches in to cutch mode, I have to bring the pedal rite back up then down again to brake, That,s the best way of explaining it.

First I would check and make sure that the brake fluid resivoir is full of fluid. If so then it does sound like you need to bleed to air out of the brake system. If you don’t understand or know how that is accomplished you need to take the car to a competent shop that can do this for you.
Good luck
Ed

By your description either you have air in the system or the master cylinder is going bad. Or very seriously out of adjustment brakes.
You really shouldn't drive this car until the brakes are fixed.

Back