1958 lowering the front ride height

Buckaroo
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
We purchased our 1958 Coupe 6 years ago. One of the first things I did was change the front springs. Then about 6 months ago we decided to have all the front bushings replaced. The car now sits 2" too high in the front. I have read that the ride height should be about 14" from center of hubcap to fender lip. I have 16". I have tried loosening the bolts to see if it would come down. It did not. I am a little afraid to loosen them any further and actually turn the bolts all the way out. I see the ends of the bushings are serrated. Can I loosen the bolts out enough to pry the bushing out slightly? Then level the car and tighten the bolts? Or is there another way to lower the front end back to stock?

Changed "1958 front ride height" to "1958 lowering the front ride height"

They probably replaced the disintegrated coil spring insulators, raising the car in front. Put smaller tires in front or remove the springs and cut a full coil off. Hi

The coil springs and insulators were replaced 5 years ago. They did replace the ball joints as well as all the bushings. I took it back to them, they loosened everything up and put weight on the front of the car and got it to go down about an inch. It looked better. Two days later sitting in the garage it is back up again. It was at a good ride height before the new ball joints and bushings. With the front end high there is almost no suspension travel when you try to push down on the fender. Could the coil springs not be in the correct place on the bottom? Could the new shocks have something to do with it? I have this feeling it is something simple we are missing. Help! I do not want to cut my coil springs. I guess that would be a last resort.

Back