1957 Window regulator removal instructions

J

jsonny

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Any suggestions on links to how I remove my window regulator for cleaning? My Ford manual does not address this subject. Replaced motors but the windows are still slow. Cleaned & re-lubed the seat rails and they work perfectly now.

When you post, you will get more replies if you use a subject that summarizes what your post is about. "1957 Window Regulator" could mean anything. Many people will skip your post thinking it's a parts-wanted post. Your subject has been updated.

model-year.jpg

Any suggestions on links to how I remove my window regulator for cleaning? My Ford manual does not address this subject. Replaced motors but the windows are still slow. Cleaned & re-lubed the seat rails and they work perfectly now.
I'm surprised you didn't remove the regulator system as a whole when you replaced the motors. There are several threads on here how it is done. Much easier to re-work it while on the bench. Most likely it is solidified grease in the gear box and rollers.
My shop manual goes into pretty good detail on how to do it.

I'm surprised you didn't remove the regulator system as a whole when you replaced the motors. There are several threads on here how it is done. Much easier to re-work it while on the bench. Most likely it is solidified grease in the gear box and rollers.
My shop manual goes into pretty good detail on how to do it.
Evidently I have a different shop manual. Specifically, what is the name of yours; where can I find one.

Back