1957 upholstery swap with 1956 seat covers

knuckle47

knuckle47

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been looking for an answer on the idea. My ‘57 is colonial white exterior, white interior and black soft top. I just think the red and white 1956 color combo is much more striking. I don’t care if the data information reads incorrect color combo but, do the replacement ‘56 covers fit the ‘57 seat frame as well as the door arm rests? I’ll leave the rest white since the dash would not go too well, I think?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

We went red and white from a 55 on my wife's 57. New foams and covers. All fit fine. Don't have pictures yet because the car is still in pieces. Also doing white door cards with red arm rests like the 55/56 cars and all fits.

We went red and white from a 55 on my wife's 57. New foams and covers. All fit fine. Don't have pictures yet because the car is still in pieces. Also doing white door cards with red arm rests like the 55/56 cars and all fits.
Well thanks, much appreciated. I wasn’t completely sure so I started slow… I bought the hog ring pliers . Now I can move further into getting this done as winter rolls in

Wow… Sunday and this arrived via FedEx. So now the project begins. Honestly, my interior is beautiful as is. I just love the red and white combo and as I have stated…no points car…a fun mobile, so to speak. As I have gotten older, my taste buds and my eyes seek greater stimulation from flavor and color. I could find myself driving around in one of the VW busses with the wild color flowers and peace sign next hahaha. I will post a few photos as this gets closer to completion
84084455-CBD6-4A81-BCAB-8C7378DDC1AF.jpegC1BC0774-9E98-421D-98F4-A47EC86052A3.jpeg

Wow… Sunday and this arrived via FedEx. So now the project begins. Honestly, my interior is beautiful as is. I just love the red and white combo and as I have stated…no points car…a fun mobile, so to speak. As I have gotten older, my taste buds and my eyes seek greater stimulation from flavor and color. I could find myself driving around in one of the VW busses with the wild color flowers and peace sign next hahaha. I will post a few photos as this gets closer to completion
I inserted the full-size photos into your post using this method:

Back