1957 Thunderbird spokes for 14” wire wheels

Lionel

Lionel

Last seen
Viewing thread 1957 seat belts
Thunderbird Year
Hi, does anyone know where I can buy replacement spokes for my 57 thunderbird. The wheels are 14x5 with 56 spokes, unfortunately there’s no makers name other than an etched RZ ZP ZI . The spoke that is broken is chromed, approx 1 7/8 “ long 1/4 “ diameter and 330 stamped on the end, it has 1” a long nipple with a hexagon on both ends. If there’s supplier I’m more than happy to get a set.
thanks Lionel

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy replacement spokes for my 57 thunderbird. The wheels are 14x5 with 56 spokes, unfortunately there’s no makers name other than an etched RZ ZP ZI . The spoke that is broken is chromed, approx 1 7/8 “ long 1/4 “ diameter and 330 stamped on the end, it has 1” a long nipple with a hexagon on both ends. If there’s supplier I’m more than happy to get a set.
thanks Lionel
It always helps when seeking parts or services to reference where in the country you reside. It is also a good idea to join a local club. that will give you an entree to parts and services not always available as a lone wolf. First 1957 Ford Thunderbirds did not come with wire wheels. I belive that the first instance of Thunderbirds having factory optioned wire wheels is 1962, The optioned wire wheels were manufactured and supplied by Kelsey-Hayes. I am in Sacramento California, For wire wheels near me I would recommend Stockton Wheel. I do suggest that you carefully eamine your wheels to see if you find any identificaton you may have missed the first time around. If they are K-H wheels you may find a small K-H stamped on either hub or rim. It may be a reach but a motorcycle supply may also be of help for spokes as well as truing your wheel after replacing the spoke(s).
good luck to you, J.

Hi J, I apologise for not giving my location and other information in my post, I live in the city of Tauranga on the north island of New Zealand. I have a few muscle cars and I’m not really a ”Lone wolf” as I’m a member of the NZ Thunderbird owners group, the NZ Dodge owners group, Early Ford V8 of America club and the Vintage car club. I also joined this group and upgraded to gold membership. Our 1957 Thunderbird was imported into New Zealand and was originally owned and restored by the owner of company here in N Z that restores American cars. The restoration was a total body off, mechanical total rebuild front to rear. Painted, and complete interior restoration. The spoke wheels were on the car when imported and in excellent condition. I’m aware that the 57 didn’t come with wire wheels and must have been fitted at some point in the cars life in USA. I have searched several companies ie. Larry’s thunderbird, Summit, Thunderbird HQ, to name a few. I thought perhaps somebody in this group would know who can supply replacement spokes for my wheels.
Thanks for your comments, Lionel

Hi J, I apologise for not giving my location and other information in my post, I live in the city of Tauranga on the north island of New Zealand. I have a few muscle cars and I’m not really a ”Lone wolf” as I’m a member of the NZ Thunderbird owners group, the NZ Dodge owners group, Early Ford V8 of America club and the Vintage car club. I also joined this group and upgraded to gold membership. Our 1957 Thunderbird was imported into New Zealand and was originally owned and restored by the owner of company here in N Z that restores American cars. The restoration was a total body off, mechanical total rebuild front to rear. Painted, and complete interior restoration. The spoke wheels were on the car when imported and in excellent condition. I’m aware that the 57 didn’t come with wire wheels and must have been fitted at some point in the cars life in USA. I have searched several companies ie. Larry’s thunderbird, Summit, Thunderbird HQ, to name a few. I thought perhaps somebody in this group would know who can supply replacement spokes for my wheels.
Thanks for your comments, Lionel
Perhaps a motorcyle shop. By the way do you know Barry Hogan? He is a great guy and has a number of US cars he has brought home to New Zealand.

Back