1957 Thunderbird Chuck Daigh

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Chuck Daigh was an American race car driver and an engine builder extraordinaire. He prepared cars to compete at Daytona Beach where he set a record on the sand of a 99.6 standing mile in a Thunderbird.
He set the fastest lap at LeMans in a streamlined Maserati that he shared with Masten Gregory. He co-drove the winning Ferrari at Sebring one year with Dan Gurney.
He helped build the Reventlow Scarab and Formula One cars.

He moved on to Ford where he fielded a team that set many records for Ford. He set the standing mile record on the sand at Daytona in a Thunderbird at 99.6mph. And he was hugely instrumental in developing the awesomely fast Battlebirds. It goes with out saying that Chuck Daigh liked to go fast and he knew his way around an engine. Especially a Ford engine. And that is what makes this car so sweet.

According to the owner "Chuck Daigh directed the modifications and actually physically worked on this car with me and Les Nimo. Chuck was machinist Les Nimmo's best friend for the last 12-15 years of his life. Both were Ford lovers and got together to do the engine modifications, suspension tricks, found the go fast bits, and we all did several all nighters to get it ready to race. Chuck pretty much called all the shots, Les made it happen, and I paid for it all."
Chuck drove the car in the 2007 Monterey Historics, winning the Ford Motor Company's Senter Award for the most significant Ford in that year's race.

This Thunderbird has been awarded the SVRA Gold Medallion. And is the 2014 and 2015 VARA BIG BORE BASH winner.

The car was first restored for the street, and two years later was modified for the track , retaining all the original parts in dry storage in California. All of the parts go with the car. It is currently licensed for use on the street with 2017 tags. The car can legally be driven on the street now, even with the race mods.

Currently the engine is race prepped , but it can easily be put back to stock. The body is all stock, has all its glass and windows, wipers, and the bumpers are a bolt on . We have all the parts which come with the car. The original stock motor , can be put back in the car if the new owner wanted that. Also the porthole hard top is all restored, as is the original freshly rebuilt bench seat.

Car comes with serious documentation as well as scrapbooks detailing Chuck Daigh's life. And the car is Mille Miglia eligible. Asking $100,000.00

Attachments

• IMG_0795 (1).jpg
    IMG_0795 (1).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg