1957 Thunderbird Brakes

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
E

e009061

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
received a new set of shoe from Hill's Does anyone know what thickness the material should be. The old ones have 1/4 material. The new ones only have 1/8 inch thick. I am having trouble adj the shoes out far enough to contact the drum help i am goin nuts with this

Sorry, don't have thickness for you, more fundamental question. Did you call Hills so that they can either work with you or realize they need to replace the pads with correct shoes?

yes they have no clue on the thickness thanks nice folks there we will figure it out

WOW - No idea the thickness?? Must be a new person or something. I have run across the same issues with "phone helpers" at Moss who do not know the voltage on the coils they well for my 1954 MG TF, and other British car suppliers. I have no dog in this fight but after ordering several items for m 57 Bird, I have found the most knowledgable are the CASCO people, but call the restoration part of their business. Again, there are many fine suppliers for 57 Birds, and I have purchased from 3 or 4 others. I am speaking only about answers I get from them.

Back