1957 Tbird Seat Removal

E

e009061

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
How do i remove the seat?

Last edited by a moderator:
4 nuts underneath the car. 2 on each side. You will need a deep socket As the bolts are fairly long. It has been a while but I believe it is a 5/8 socket you need. Once removed fold the seat back forward and lift strait up. Helps if you have a person on each side

all buckey said, unless you have power seats, then there is a 2 cotter pins on the motor shafts that must be pulled.
put the seat full forward if is power, the motors are behind and under the seat.
good luck bring a friend like Buckley said,

all buckey said, unless you have power seats, then there is a 2 cotter pins on the motor shafts that must be pulled.
put the seat full forward if is power, the motors are behind and under the seat.
good luck bring a friend like Buckley said,
Good info and thanks a lot for the Tips!! My power seat is stuck in Full Forward! Brad

There are four bolts holding the seat in place, two bolts on each side relatively near the end of the mounting track. Ifmyou do not have a shop manual I suggest you get one. If you have catalogs from the specialty Thunderbird suppliers you can find that they have assembly pictures showing the part numbers for each part.

If the seats are still original, the manuals may help. But, in both my '56 and '57, the seats must have been moved and installed many times, as there are multiple holes in the floor, and the seat track bottom has been modified to extend the bolt hole distance. All this means the bolts are attached in different methods.
Good luck.
Ralph

In the 1955 Shop Manual, page 215 starts the section on power seats. Page 218, section D instructs you on the seat removal.

I attached those sections in case you do not own the 1955 Shop Manual.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird BlueMajor Assembly Replacement - 1.jpgMajor Assembly Replacement - 1.jpgMajor Assembly Replacement - 2.jpg

Thanks, Doug. I have 2 shop manuals, but didn't know it contained seat info. I didn't use it while removing the seat, but I'm better at taking things apart than putting them back together.

Back