1957 Swing Arm video

OhioTbird

OhioTbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm a visual guy and considering adding the swing arm. Does anyone know of a video on how it works? I'm seen drawings but no video. Would love to see one in action.

For those of you that have one, I'm assuming it makes it easier for one person to operate? Does the soft top still fold and store behind the seats?

Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes it can be done by one person. If it's stowed, fold back the seat back then grab the whole mechanism from the center and pull up and towards you the spring assist will let you drop it on the rear deck. Then pull the header up and over your head to open it up like an umbrella. Then you can secure the rear latches, then the side latches and finally pull down the header to latch to the windshield.

There are 2 mounting holes for the "Tees" on either side of the rear deck. It looks like the rearmost holes were used to secure the soft top. Is this correct? If so, are the other holes on the rear deck used for the hardtop?

There are 2 mounting holes for the "Tees" on either side of the rear deck. It looks like the rearmost holes were used to secure the soft top. Is this correct? If so, are the other holes on the rear deck used for the hardtop?
Short answer, Yes! They had to use the inner holes to make the soft top a snag shorter to fit under the deck.

Respectfully, I'm confused. Are the rearmost holes for the hardtop?
Never mounted the hardtop before, and soft top never used either on my bird.
Thanks

Back