1957 Storage from Car Capsule

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
OhioTbird

OhioTbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone tried this? Getting ready to start thinking about shutting down for winter. Considering the Car Capsule in my barn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this one:

It works great, in my limited experience. My “limited experience” refers to the fact that I bought one, set it up (setup was easy, by the way), and it all worked great; but I quickly realized that it wasn’t going to practical for my garage in the long term. I measured everything beforehand, so it fit the car and fit in my garage; but we need to park two cars in my garage over the winter and there wasn’t enough room for that with the bubble inflated. So, I disassembled it and was going to return it, but getting it back in the original packaging wasn’t feasible. (Once you’ve inflated and de-inflated it, getting it to fold back down small enough to go back in the original box seemed near-impossible, at least for one person).

Last edited:
I have this one:

It works great, in my limited experience. My “limited experience” refers to the fact that I bought one, set it up (setup was easy, by the way), and it all worked great; but I quickly realized that it wasn’t going to practical for my garage in the long term. I measured everything beforehand, so it fit the car and fit in my garage; but we need to park two cars in my garage over the winter and there wasn’t enough room for that with the bubble inflated. So, I disassembled it and was going to return it, but getting it back in the original packaging wasn’t feasible. (Once you’ve inflated and de-inflated it, getting it to fold back down small enough to go back in the original box seemed near-impossible, at least for one person).

thanks for the experience. I have a barn to put a couple cars away so the size won't be an issue. I'll compare the two and decide.

Has anyone tried this? Getting ready to start thinking about shutting down for winter. Considering the Car Capsule in my barn.

I have used both the original Car Capsule and the Showcase. Both do the job of keeping the car clean and keeping the rodents and insects out. The benefit to the Showcase is that you can use it like a garage because it stays inflated when you drive or work on the car. The thing I don’t like about either of the Capsules is that they collapse on the car when you deflate and you have to pull it off and fold it up when you take the car out. If you’re just using it for winter storage I think either capsule would be great.

Back