1957 steering wheel hub and adjusting sleeve

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have removed the steering wheel and removed the 3 screws from the hub but can’t remove the hub and adjusting sleeve. Do I need to somehow use a puller on the hub? Thanks for any help available.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Are you speaking of the telescoping adjustment? If so, there's a screw under the column to keep the shaft from sliding too far out and disengaging from the steering box.
Im not clear on what you're calling the steering hub. But the part just behind or under the steering wheel is pressed on. I'll try to find the disassembly instructions.

Are you speaking of the telescoping adjustment? If so, there's a screw under the column to keep the shaft from sliding too far out and disengaging from the steering box.
Im not clear on what you're calling the steering hub. But the part just behind or under the steering wheel is pressed on. I'll try to find the disassembly instructions.
Thanks for the great info.I am referring to the hub that houses the turn signal mechanism.it is just ahead of the adjusting sleeve. I am trying to remove and replace the turn signal switch and wiring for it. I am also trying to replace the chrome down thru the horse collar.

I also replaced the turn signal switch without any problems with the pressed on hub

Thanks for the great info.I am referring to the hub that houses the turn signal mechanism.it is just ahead of the adjusting sleeve. I am trying to remove and replace the turn signal switch and wiring for it. I am also trying to replace the chrome down thru the horse collar.

Back