1957 Steering tube grommet to dash

valhalla 4771

valhalla 4771

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I can't figure out where this steering tube grommet (see photo part #3512) goes. The manual drawing shows it located on the narrow end of the steering tube which would put it on the engine side of the firewall. The hole is big enough to go on the larger diameter of the tube, which puts it on the cabin side of the firewall. The manual shows it below where the tube is clamped to the bracket. I'm thinking it goes on the cabin side and flush to the seal at the firewall, with the rounded side toward the steering wheel, But I don't want to get it all installed and discover I've mis-placed it. Steering Grommet.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don’t like to answer a definitive question like this as I am no expert. But, I have replace a bunch of steering g column parts in my ‘56 T-Bird and it seems to me after looking at several diagrams and images, I did it exactly as you have described

Back