1957 Steering Column / Steering Wheel - What is missing

Tight? Oh my yes. I ultimately filed a sort of taper at the back side to accommodate the steering shaft and then continue the hub of the steering wheel almost to the end. Once I was able to get the nut on and tighten, I got nervous and pulled the wheel again to further file the hub of the wheel without totally screwing up its ability to grip the splines…took 1/2 a day

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have to add….that 15” wheel is a great idea… the wheel normally is right up in my “space”. The smaller wheel is a comfortable fit. Worth the aggravation and effort. Did it on both the ‘56 and the ‘57. By the way…for the purists, I have 2 17” wheels and horn rings sitting in the garage.. ;)

I have to add….that 15” wheel is a great idea… the wheel normally is right up in my “space”. The smaller wheel is a comfortable fit. Worth the aggravation and effort. Did it on both the ‘56 and the ‘57. By the way…for the purists, I have 2 17” wheels and horn rings sitting in the garage.. ;)
Thank goodness I'm 5'6" at best 135lbs and fit perfectly as stock. I fit on airplanes really well too. :cool:

Back