1957 Starter ring gear number of teeth for automatic

L
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, My first post, Recently I purchased a new starter flywheel from Fatsco and it states that it has 148 teeth. I have been unable to find a reference as to how many is correct and what would be the correct gear for the starter? I'm looking at a Powermaster starter. Many years ago I had the starter built with 6v coils. It really engages hard which has taken it's toll on the ring gear. Thanks Much for any info. .........Larry

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello, My first post, Recently I purchased a new starter flywheel from Fatsco and it states that it has 148 teeth. I have been unable to find a reference as to how many is correct and what would be the correct gear for the starter? I'm looking at a Powermaster starter. Many years ago I had the starter built with 6v coils. It really engages hard which has taken it's toll on the ring gear. Thanks Much for any info. .........Larry
According to CASCO, the 148 tooth ring gear is the correct one for your starter.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Ring Gear.jpg

And you're going to want to have the assembly balanced after grinding off the old gear and welding on the new.

Doug, thanks much for your reply and info. I made some calls today and got what I needed. The Powermaster starter 9002 fits Fordomatic and Cruiseomatics because of the various designs of the bellhousings. Best Regards, .......Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back