1957 side vents under dash removal

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all. Have just joined as I begin resto on 57. well into stripping and freaking out at the wiring but have taken lots of photos and labelled etc.
Would like to ask advice regarding removal of the side vents under the dash. I have of course removed the floor coverings and side trim. Removed the few screws that appear to hold the sub-assembly and have disconnected the clip and connection to the external vent. But it still seems to be firmly held in place and I can't find any more fixings? Could it just be the very sticky gasket (seems to be held too firmly for that)?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Maybe this will help.
Ventilation-CowlSideVent.png

I think I am missing 02166. I plan on taking out the kick panels this winter. Does anyone make this part? THX

I think I am missing 02166. I plan on taking out the kick panels this winter. Does anyone make this part? THX
Actually I think the part I need 02128 RH and 02129 LH. I don't think they were installed by the previous owner.

Thunderbird HQ

CASCO

I would also suggest using the clips: 02164 and 02165

Thanks for the parts diagram. I am thinking I need to dismantle from the outside as well as from inside. Will explore.

Yes, all good; vent sub-assembly needs to be removed from the inside and outside simultaneously.

Back