1957 Prestige soft top installation instructions

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
1957Bird

1957Bird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all
Have purchased a used “Prestige thunderbird” soft top with swing arm.
might anyone ha a set of installation instructions for this top, mainly the swing arm.
thanks much
Roger

find the "Jim osborn" 1957 body trim assembly manual. (green cover) page 12-13 for the top install.and FORD SPORTS CAR (BROWN COVER) Trim sealer manual, page 7-3142. ford engineering book.
should have already look at these before you started, now its a little late,
richard
1957-body-trim assembly-manual..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prestige top that I had on my 56 used the stock swing arm. It did require Prestige's hardware to connect their top to the stock swing arm. Contacting Prestige is probably the best solution.

Hey Y'all,
I've heard for years that there are essentially two viable options for complete soft tops for two-seat birds. Jewell is the best but they're around $6K, so, yeah. The other is from Prestige, around $3,500 with canvas and swing arm, and they've gotten fair reviews over the years.
Well I've about worked up the nerve to order one and visited the website--hasn't been updated in quite some time, which is not encouraging. Sent them an e-mail and Frank responded very quickly with current price quotes, so they appear to still be operating normally.
So my question is, has anybody done business with Prestige recently? I'm about to spend a chunk with them and their website is sketchy!
Curtis Morris
'57 bird
Springdale Arkansas

I have done business with Prestige for some time now and been very happy with them. Have bought everything from engine parts to brake system to cosmetic parts every thing comes with very detailed instructions.
Frank and others are always very willing to help with information and suggestions based on their experience.
Good luck.
Roger

I was all ready to buy a new white canvas soft top complete with swing arm, I believe it was going to be just a tad under $3500.00 but ended up buying a used unit from a club member.
Even though I didn’t buy their top they were still very helpful with installation suggestions and a couple small parts that I needed.

Hey Y'all,
I've heard for years that there are essentially two viable options for complete soft tops for two-seat birds. Jewell is the best but they're around $6K, so, yeah. The other is from Prestige, around $3,500 with canvas and swing arm, and they've gotten fair reviews over the years.
Well I've about worked up the nerve to order one and visited the website--hasn't been updated in quite some time, which is not encouraging. Sent them an e-mail and Frank responded very quickly with current price quotes, so they appear to still be operating normally.
So my question is, has anybody done business with Prestige recently? I'm about to spend a chunk with them and their website is sketchy!
Curtis Morris
'57 bird
Springdale Arkansas
I have done quite a bit of business with Prestige over the years and always found them to be very, very reliable. Frank is one of the truly great guys in the hobby. They provide a lot of support to local clubs as well. You will not be disappointed.

I too have done business with Prestige for many years. I have had one of their tops for close to 20 years without incident. Their service is great IMHO. Frank is also in my opinion a great guy. for example going to the Sand Diego convention my driver's side exhaust manifold cracked the rear mounting ear. I tried contacting Prestige as I was sure Frank would be coming to the convention. I missed him as he was already on his way. I had hope he could bring a manifold with him. I saw him soon after at the convention. Another customer of his needed a brake part. Frank called the shop. they one day shipped parts for both of us to the hotel, no additional charge, in fact no shipping charge at all. I can highly recommend Prestige as a supplier.

I have done quite a bit of business with Prestige over the years and always found them to be very, very reliable. Frank is one of the truly great guys in the hobby. They provide a lot of support to local clubs as well. You will not be disappointed.
Agreed, the prestige repro softop is top quality, and even a clutz like me was able to install the swingarm and top with no problems. A good product. Cheers, Dan

Back