1957 making new Wiring terminal ends.

knuckle47

knuckle47

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Are any manufacturers making the terminal wire ends used for many of the connections in the vehicle? They are unlike the conventional eye or U-shaped crimp on ends? Some of my junctions are either frozen together or cracked. I’d replace those bad ones but would like to maintain it for period correctness. Not looking to buy a complete harness although I can pick and choose from the ones I would replace. Prefer to make my own to match

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Are any manufacturers making the terminal wire ends used for many of the connections in the vehicle? They are unlike the conventional eye or U-shaped crimp on ends? Some of my junctions are either frozen together or cracked. I’d replace those bad ones but would like to maintain it for period correctness. Not looking to buy a complete harness although I can pick and choose from the ones I would replace. Prefer to make my own to match
If you ever get the connections apart I'd put di-electric grease on the fittings when re connecting and in the connector to wire cracks liquid electrical tape will do a great job insulating and stopping any corrosion.

Di-electric is an insulating compound and not what I would use around metal-to-metal electrical connections.....that's why its used inside of spark plug wire boots to prevent arcing..

This is a better product for preventing corrosion without deleterious electrical effects:

CASCO and most Tbird suppliers sell them
Unless my eyes deceive me…..I seem to have exhausted my searches… I found a terminal kit $15.00 at Hills and that was it. This is not really what I’m looking for as it seems to have only a few pieces. If I need 30 bullet connectors, I’d like 50 on hand …25 - 90 degree connectors, I’d like a bunch extra on hand so I am looking for bulk. I would want to make a full scale repro of the complete harness as I dis-assemble mine.

In the motorcycle days, I could buy 100’ spools of cloth Covered vinyl wire and peel off any color and quantity needed to make a harness. Looking for those style of T-Bird correct connectors to crimp on and makeup what is needed.

CASCO is showing them in their catalog
P/N 360001S male connector
P/N 360002S connector and sleeve 2 way plug (female)
P/N 360004S connector and sleeve 4 way plug (female)
You can order as many as you need

Back