1957 Horn Ring Paint

Douglemmo

Douglemmo

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi,
I have heard that on the horn ring center section, the indented area with the cross hatches, is suppose to be painted silver (or argent) and also that there are suppose to be some gold areas. I have looked a lot of 57s, and have not found any with silver paint anywhere on the horn ring. That may be because after so many years of wear and polishing, there is no paint left on any of them - just the chrome. Can anybody shed any light on this? Should there be any paint on the horn ring?
Thanks,
Doug

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi,
I have heard that on the horn ring center section, the indented area with the cross hatches, is suppose to be painted silver (or argent) and also that there are suppose to be some gold areas. I have looked a lot of 57s, and have not found any with silver paint anywhere on the horn ring. That may be because after so many years of wear and polishing, there is no paint left on any of them - just the chrome. Can anybody shed any light on this? Should there be any paint on the horn ring?
Thanks,
Doug
the recessed area around the center medallion should be argent with the lettering in gold

Hi,
Thanks,
Doug
I've got a '57 T-bird that I've had for over 40 years. I have never seen any paint on the horn ring. Now the indents on the badges on the hood etc., do have red in the indents of the T-bird head and Ford letters.

the recessed area around the center medallion should be argent with the lettering in gold
Thanks for the information I knew there were some colors on the horn ring but could not remember the details. Now the only issue is to figure out how to paint the power steering letters gold.
I'm Thanks again

Great idea I was hoping somebody would come back with a suggestion thank you

Back