1957 Heater Hose Routing

Rogvh

Rogvh

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I failed to mark my heater hoses when I removed them. Where does the top heater hose at the firewall/heater go?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use the four-digit model year in your subjects as prompted. This aids with site searches and google search. Revised.

model-year.jpg

The hose from the intake manifold to the driver side heater core. Don’t think it really matters. Just a flow of antifreeze through the heater core

The hose from the intake manifold to the driver side heater core. Don’t think it really matters. Just a flow of antifreeze through the heater core
You're right that it just flows through the core to provide heat. I just want to do it the way it came from the factory. Since the heater connections are one on top of the other, I don't understand driver side.

If possible you want the water going INTO the heater core to go in thru the lower connection. That way it forces out any air. Similar to why you always put brake calipers on so the inlets on the bottom and the bleeder is on the top.

Just checked mine which I'm pretty sure is close to original, The hose from the valve goes in the top.

Back