1957 Headlight Switch - Fuse

Rogvh

Rogvh

Last seen
Viewing thread 1957 trunk lid won't stay open
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know of a source for the 7 1/2 amp fuse that installs on the back of the switch for interior lights? It needs to be 7/8" long to work with the incapsulated ends. 1 1/4 " long fuses are available but won't fit (max of about 1"). I have looked at the typical auto parts store as well as hardware stores. Tried Amazon which shows all the things you don't ask for. Grainger and the like show them but not in stock. Any suggestions?

Moderator Note- https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...teid=0&campid=5338236430&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does anyone know of a source for the 7 1/2 amp fuse that installs on the back of the switch for interior lights? It needs to be 7/8" long to work with the incapsulated ends. 1 1/4 " long fuses are available but won't fit (max of about 1"). I have looked at the typical auto parts store as well as hardware stores. Tried Amazon which shows all the things you don't ask for. Grainger and the like show them but not in stock. Any suggestions?
Larrys thunderbird parts has them

Sorry all I have is some 7/8” 2A fuses if anybody needs!

CASCO has them.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

That fuse is for the map light. I couldn't find the right length fuse either but just bent the top of the holder up a bit and the contacts still fit on the shoulders of the fuse. All good but not correct.

Back