1957 fuel filter to carburetor line bracket position

Rogvh

Rogvh

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does this line mount on the bracket above or below the clips' fastener? Assume it's on the fender side of the bracket

You will notice that there is a larger loop on the hold down bracket. That is for the fuel line itself. On mine the line goes under the hold down screw. It will work either way depending on how your fuel line naturally rests.

You will notice that there is a larger loop on the hold down bracket. That is for the fuel line itself. On mine the line goes under the hold down screw. It will work either way depending on how your fuel line naturally rests.
I realize the larger loop goes on the fuel line but don't know if it came from the factory above or below the fastener.

Does this line mount on the bracket above or below the clips' fastener? Assume it's on the fender side of the bracket
If it is really important to you to be exactly correct I suggest you purchase the concours restoration manual. Unless you are entering judged show it will make no difference. If you are entering judged show you will need the restoration manual.

If it is really important to you to be exactly correct I suggest you purchase the concours restoration manual. Unless you are entering judged show it will make no difference. If you are entering judged show you will need the restoration manual.
It's not important enough for the couple of questions to buy a complete set of judging standards as I am not entering national judging. Since I prefer to be correct where possible on all of my cars, it's why I refer to those who may know for the few areas I'm asking about. BTW, I got my answer: thanks Ward 57.

Back