1957 Front Windlace Removal

C

cscolastico

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. First off hope everyone is weathering the pandemic - as for me, more time to work on the TBird. I'm would like to replace the the front windlace but I'm not sure how to remove the kick panel. I have the shop manual, the Restoration binder as well as the Trim/Sealer manual - but my old eyes have not been able to determine where in these references is the procedure for doing so. I have removed the screws fastening the chrome vent grill. It would seem that the panel should just come off at this point, but something is holding it. I've tried to slide it out of the edge trim adjacent to the door but with no luck and I can't tell how the trim is fastened to the frame. I don't want to yank or pull on anything I''m not suppose to. Any guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

you need to slide the aft edge trim out of it slots then the panel will come out with the trim. it has slotted tong's that slide into grooves in the door jamb.
try moving it up to get it out.

Thank you. do I slide the trim toward the front or rear?

On my 56 the panel was hard after all the years. I pulled the carpet and the firewall cardboard away from the panel and then slid the panel forward and out.

Back