1957 Fender Skirt identification

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Ames
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have one original fender skirt and I am trying to figure out what side I have. There is a pre-drilled hole located about an inch or so off the edge and I am assuming that it is there to mount the chrome piece, that would mean that the hole would mark the front of the skirt that would then identify it as the drivers side skirt. Any guidance?

Please use the 4 digit model year when posting. This aids in site searches. Updated.

I have one original fender skirt and I am trying to figure out what side I have. There is a pre-drilled hole located about an inch or so off the edge and I am assuming that it is there to mount the chrome piece, that would mean that the hole would mark the front of the skirt that would then identify it as the drivers side skirt. Any guidance?
Does it have the latch on one end and a mounting tab on the other. The latch goes to the rear ant the post on the front. There may even be a part number in yellow paint on the inside.

Does it have the latch on one end and a mounting tab on the other. The latch goes to the rear ant the post on the front. There may even be a part number in yellow paint on the inside.
It does have a latch, thank you for the information. Now I just have to find its lost twin.

Back