1957 electric window not working

W

whitethunder

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1957 thunderbird with a window issue. It seems the passenger window works fine from the passenger side, however the window does not operate from the drivers side. I would be interested in hearing any replies to this issue or maybe a place to start checking for a problem. Your thoughts and suggestions would be most helpful. Sincerely, Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Strictly from a technical standpoint, seems pretty evident the issue lies within the driver's side switch/wiring .

Last edited:
The switches are just pressed into the door card and held by spring clips. It is very easy to pull the driver's switch off and check the connections. Don't need to take the door card off.

Originally, there are space connectors and one may have come off. Or a previous owner had some creative wiring skills and you get a real surprise when you open it up….IF I remember, there were 7 connections on the drivers side switch…possibly 8

Just noticed that space connectors is supposed to be SPADE CONNECTORS……$%#&^ Auto-correct

How do I remove my electric window on 1955?

Back