1957 electic wiper motor

Lionel

Lionel

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, has anyon fitted an electric windscreen wiper motor to their tbird.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please follow the posting instructions on future posts. "1957" is not a summary of your post. I have revised it for you.
model-year.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, has anyon fitted an electric windscreen wiper motor to their tbird.
I just started installing the Newport electric conversion on my 55. There are a couple of things you'll need that aren't in the kit: (1) Longer mounting screws for the motor (particularly on the driver's-side; (2) A 6-amp inline fuse. Check the wire connectors; one of mine became detached from the wire.

Hi, how’s your installation going? I have read an older post re Newports unit not parking and not having a complete sweep. I would be interested to hear your comments on your experience. Thanks

Lionel, I don't know when my wipers will be operational, as my car is going through a body-on restoration. It made sense to work on it while the seat, steering column, and soft top are removed. I know an owner of a 55 with the Newport conversion, who has said the same thing about wiper sweep, but the majority of reviews are positive.

Back