1957 Brake hose to rear axle fully blocked

vernz

vernz

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just completed my education on how much old flexible brake lines can swell shut.
A couple of weeks ago I tried bleeding the rear brakes on my 57 and could only get a few ounces of fluid out of the right side and none out of the left side. I got myself a new set of flexible brake lines and finally got around to replacing the flexible line to the rear axle. Success! The old flexible line was 99.3% blocked. Bleeding was easy. I don't think I ever had rear brakes on that car since I bought it about 5 years ago. I heard some strange squeaking noises from the back brakes when I took the first test drive. That went away after braking a few times. I can definitely feel the improved braking. The front lines are next, as soon as this current heat wave subsides.
Vern

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Making the car stop is very important
if it won’t go you can’t wreck it
Thanks for posting, a good reminder for all who are first time classic car owners

Back