1957 Antenna mounting base

poser
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, Have purchased 2 ft. fender antennas for my 2 Tbirds. Both claim original style.
Problem is both antennas have a curved mounting base. The mounting hole on my 2 cars
is on the top of the fender and totally flat. Am I doing something wrong in trying to mount these??
Thank You Lee

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, Have purchased 2 ft. fender antennas for my 2 Tbirds. Both claim original style.
Problem is both antennas have a curved mounting base. The mounting hole on my 2 cars
is on the top of the fender and totally flat. Am I doing something wrong in trying to mount these??
Thank You Lee
I think we need a picture of the situation. All of the birds had the antenna on the upper side of the fender other than the very rare trunk mounted antenna. I don't see any flat spots on the fender where a flat mounted antenna would go.

Ward's right about the mounting surface - where are you mounting the antennas ? There is a factory template that shows where the antenna was supposed to be mounted.

Back