1956 Vacuum thermostat valve diagram

ccscowboy

ccscowboy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone, first time question here.

I am looking for a diagram or replacement Vacuum Thermostat valve for the heater, wife says it is heating up her toes even off , so the only thing would be that valve as I have gone thru everything else I can think of.

I looked at NPD and couldn't see one, but maybe someone here has had some experience with it...

1956 Baby Bird V8 , 3 speed

the diagram would be good as I can see 2 vacumn hoses under the dash that are not connected to anything.

thanks

Andy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your title "56 Tbird Vacuum Thermostat Valve" has been updated to "1956 Vacuum thermostat valve diagram".

Please use the four-digit model year as well as a summary of what your post is about. Good titles get more responses.

Also, since we are an all-Ford Thunderbird site, you can omit the make/model of your car from the subject to shorten it.

model-year.jpg

I am looking for a diagram or replacement Vacuum Thermostat valve for the heater, wife says it is heating up her toes even off , so the only thing would be that valve as I have gone thru everything else I can think of.

I looked at NPD and couldn't see one, but maybe someone here has had some experience with it...

the diagram would be good as I can see 2 vacumn hoses under the dash that are not connected to anything.

thanks

Andy
I am not sure which part you are referring to;
1.the "cricket" valve under the dash?
2.the valve on the engine controlled by vacuum from the cricket that goes via hose to the heater core.
For #1. there are no reproductions tat I know of at this time. I would suggest contacting the various Thunderbird specialty suppliers.
For #2 there are various remedies and I believe this valve is now reproduced.

thanks, I was reading the manual for the name, but yes, a vacuum switch to shot off the heater... I haven't found one yet will search for cricket valve also

thanks

andy

thanks

Andy
Vacuum Diagram.jpg

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

The valve inside the car works as the thermostat for the heater. As you request more heat, it increases the vacuum to the heater valve on the engine that then allows more radiator coolant to flow through the heater core. If you have disconnected vacuum hoses and are still getting heat, it is likely that your engine valve is not working. Without vacuum there is nothing to open that valve on the engine and let the coolant flow through the heater core. The small vacuum valve inside the heater box is not available new. Check with Concours Parts in Nevada. They sometimes have a workable replacement. You can purchase the engine valve, it is about $85

Back