1956 tire recommendations

woodeye

woodeye

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone have an opinion on how Calli tires vs Diamond Back vs Cooker tires compare. Calli seem to be a little cheaper, and Diamond Back looks to be most expensive.
My 56 is a very nice driver. Mostly around town but occasionally on highway for up to 100 mi.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would highly recommend Coker,Their classic radial tires are awesome you’ll be glad you did choose Coker

Coker tires in a radial instead of the bias ply!

Coker - 750R14 AMERICAN CLASSIC 2 1/4"WW

They look and drive great. IMG_4633.jpgIMG_4634.jpg

I've never owned Calli or Coker tires, but I've put Diamond Backs on 2 of my classics. I personally love their looks, and the whitewall stays white very easily (cleans up with a little Simple Green spray cleaner and a sponge). They also offer a great-looking "beauty ring" on their tires. Again, while I've never owned the first 2 tire brands, other posts in this forum have mentioned problems with Coker tires, I've never seen a complaint posted about Diamond Back. One thing about Diamond Back is that their whitewall is vulcanized to the tire, thus creating a whitewall that is totally integrated to the tire and can't be separated. I'm not sure if the other manufacturers do it this way or not.

I've never owned Calli or Coker tires, but I've put Diamond Backs on 2 of my classics. I personally love their looks, and the whitewall stays white very easily (cleans up with a little Simple Green spray cleaner and a sponge). They also offer a great-looking "beauty ring" on their tires. Again, while I've never owned the first 2 tire brands, other posts in this forum have mentioned problems with Coker tires, I've never seen a complaint posted about Diamond Back. One thing about Diamond Back is that their whitewall is vulcanized to the tire, thus creating a whitewall that is totally integrated to the tire and can't be separated. I'm not sure if the other manufacturers do it this way or not.
I'm pretty sure they do, But I went cheap with no regrets. Even though I bought standard tires I did it as an emergency. The small whites yellowed within months and no recovery.
Got some Porta-wall skins. Very happy 2" instead if the 2-1/4 original. $100 to precure and install all 4. look great. Maybe $150 per tire after the fact but much better than $250 each for vanity.

Back