1956 Tbird convertible top question?

M

michaelrecine

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi
I’m new here so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I’m looking at maybe buying a 1956 Tbird without a convertible top and no frame. Were all 1956 Tbirds sold with a convertible top? Is it possible that they could of been ordered without the convertible top? Just the hard top?
Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi
I’m looking at maybe buying a 1956 Tbird without a convertible top and no frame. Were all 1956 Tbirds sold with a convertible top? Is it possible that they could of been ordered without the convertible top? Just the hard top?
Thanks!
I had a 1957 that only had a hardtop.

I have the original factory invoice for my '56 and it lists only a hardtop with portholes at no additioal cost.

Hi
Thanks!
You could buy it with a hard top or a soft top or both or even no top. All are set up with studs to mount the swingarm for a soft top.

Hi
Thanks!
The hard top was standard equipment on all 55, 56 and 57 Thunderbirds. The soft top could be ordered as an option in place of the hard top, or as an option if both tops were wanted. For example; the base price of a 1956 Thunderbird with a hard top, (with or without the Port Holes), was $3,389.00. With the soft top only the price was $3,414.00. And with both tops the price was $3,711.00.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back