1956 Restoration Information

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
Hi, just joined hoping to find any information and resources on the ‘56 Thunderbird. Not looking to fully restore ( I don’t have the knowledge to ) but could certainly do “basics”.
We live on the Palm Springs area ( Palm Desert ) if anyone knows of a local T-Bird club ( I looked, did not find one )
Really appreciate any info!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, just joined hoping to find any information and resources on the ‘56 Thunderbird. Not looking to fully restore ( I don’t have the knowledge to ) but could certainly do “basics”.
We live on the Palm Springs area ( Palm Desert ) if anyone knows of a local T-Bird club ( I looked, did not find one )
Really appreciate any info!
I have much of the Motors Manual from the era scanned in to .pdf. I have the electrical manual purchased from Larry's. I have compiled a spread sheet of sources. Is that the kind of stuff you are looking for? 55 & 56 are mostly identical. The major difference is that 56 became 12V dc.

I have much of the Motors Manual from the era scanned in to .pdf. I have the electrical manual purchased from Larry's. I have compiled a spread sheet of sources. Is that the kind of stuff you are looking for? 55 & 56 are mostly identical. The major difference is that 56 became 12V dc.
Hi, the source list may be of interest. Does that have info on finding.... say tail lights, windows etc..? I don’t have the car yet so don’t know what it may/may not need yet.
I’m really interested in the pro’s/cons, eccentricities of these cars and probably a whole host of things I don’t yet to even ask.

Perfect, thank you! I will check those out. I’ve been reading all the forum Q& A’s. I just don’t know what I ... don’t know yet.

Appreciate the response!

Back