1956 power steering return line flair fitting adapter

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
woodeye

woodeye

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had to cut my power steering return line off the control valve so I need to replace it. I ordered one from Casco which was supposed to fit my car but the new one
has a larger diameter metal tube. The tube is also about 4" to 5" long & bent to 90 degrees. The Threads on the male flair connector are also substantially larger than The female threads on the control valve. The metal tube on the old return line was substantially shorter, straight, and narrower with smaller flair adapter than the new one. I seem to remember reading that there is an adapter to go from the small line to the larger new line as the older line isn't made anymore. Has anyone else experienced these issues and will the new line
Work with an adapter.
thanks Jeff

Go to a local hydraulic repair shop with all of your pieces and have a new hose made.

Do you have photographs of the old hose and the control valve? It is possible that the person put on the power steering and used parts from a different year vehicle.

The picture is from Hill's catalog. I installed a '57 setup in my '55.

Capture.PNG

Back