1956 new convertible top adjustments

M

Mr. Bill

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had the soft convertible top on my 56 T bird replaced. It is causing problems when I opened it I could not get it hooked up again at the front top of the windshield the top did not reach. I could not attach the top front hooks they did not reach the brackets. I brought it back to the installer, he unzippered the new back window and then was able to attach the front hooks. he then zippered the back window. Others have told me the install does not look correct. This is an E-Z on auto top. Others have said the top is not tight enough , the inside straps are not tight enough and the staples are not in the right place. I told the installer he has to redo this . my question is what should I look for and what should I tell him to redo and how.
any suggestion would be appreciated

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I had the soft convertible top on my 56 T bird replaced. It is causing problems when I opened it I could not get it hooked up again at the front top of the windshield the top did not reach. I could not attach the top front hooks they did not reach the brackets. I brought it back to the installer, he unzippered the new back window and then was able to attach the front hooks. he then zippered the back window. Others have told me the install does not look correct. This is an E-Z on auto top. Others have said the top is not tight enough , the inside straps are not tight enough and the staples are not in the right place. I told the installer he has to redo this . my question is what should I look for and what should I tell him to redo and how.
any suggestion would be appreciated
If it is possible look at another Thunderbird soft top, better yet several tops to confirm correct work. Take pictures and then show them to the upholsterer. That way he can visualize the "how it should look".
good luck, J.

Anyone know if there are reproduction convertible frames being made for the 55-57 birds?

Back