1956 Intake number decoding | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1956 Intake number decoding

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee Green 56
  • Start date Start date
Lee Green 56

Lee Green 56

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I am running a two barrel carburetor, can someone help me decode the numbers on the intake?
Im assuming I have Ford carburetor. I just "rebuilt" it, it did not have the i d tag.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Attachments

• 20240624_175540.jpg
    20240624_175540.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 39
I am running a two barrel carburetor, can someone help me decode the numbers on the intake?
Im assuming I have Ford carburetor. I just "rebuilt" it, it did not have the i d tag.

1959-1960 Ford Mercury Edsel Cast Iron Intake B9EA-9425-B ...​

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Well then, the mystery thickens! Dad bought my car in 1974 & as far as I can remember this is the only intake the car has had since then.

Not really a mystery, it was a well loved car that was driven a lot. Most likely the engine was replaced when it was between 10 and 15 years old.

Dad has been gone since 2013. This car was definately his baby. I do know the rear end was changed to a 3 73 gear set before he bought it. It had a 3 speed when new, a 3 speed over drive when he bought it.
He didnt drive it much, but he sure did smile when he did!

Back