1956 Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits

CtCarGuy

CtCarGuy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Where can I get a rebuild kit for my '56 fuel pump? I have tried 3 pumps and all are imported junk that either failed within a mile or just never worked. The last brand new one worked on the vacuum side but had no suction at the fuel inlet?? Thankfully I have an electric pump that initially was for priming and now runs full time with an inertia safety switch added. I have searched but have yet to find a kit. I am speculating that the problem is in the internal valves. THX

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You know I went through the same thing and finally just installed an electric fuel pump kit. The replacement pumps are garbage.

For some reason classic car fuel pump rebuild kits are geting harder to find even across other marquees like Chevy. and some of the Chiwanese kits have overly thick diaphragms increaseing fuel pressure which can create problems at the carb.

Have you tried the AirTek brand repros ? I've had pretty good luck with those. If your willing to send your original pump off then this person is a top rebuilder: http://www.arthurgouldrebuilders.com/

Last edited:
Back