1956 Fuel Pump Investigation

Most any pump made in the U.S.A., Canada or Mexico are usually good candidates for a rebuild.
Thank heavens mine was the original AC pump. Now works better than ever. Even kept my wipers going when I had to deliver it to the shop in the rain.

Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy a fuel pump for a 312 made in the USA??. On my 3rd now, all made in china
and all failed. Talked to a few dealers and they stated not to buy china made pumps for they are all junk.
They added have fun finding 1 made in the USA.
Thanks Lee

Hills thunderbird restoration gets rebuilt fuel pumps periodically

Ask around to see if you can find a used AC /OEM pump. I had the same problem and went through 5 pumps and none worked. I bought a used pump and sent it to https://arthurgouldrebuilders.com › pumps_forsale › ford_pumps_ forsale.html. He may have some for sale. He will only rebuild AC pumps. I sent him a bad used pump and with a few days got in back looking like new. Put it in and worked perfectly. He gets around $130 plus shipping. WELL worth it.

Bought two from CASCO garbage! Same with Concours! Running electric pump now!

Bought two from CASCO garbage! Same with Concours! Running electric pump now!
The two from CASCO, do you know if they were new or rebuilt?
and when was it when you purchased them?
I bought mine in April of 2017, no problems since

After buying a rebuilt and a new one with no sucess, I went with Arthur Gould Rebuilders. Fired right up. I highly recommend Arthur Gould Rebuilders. 508-210-0891

The two from CASCO, do you know if they were new or rebuilt?
and when was it when you purchased them?
I bought mine in April of 2017, no problems since
Probably in 2019-20
Can’t recall if they had philips screws or hexhead? New or rebuilt I assumed they were new. I did not see the stamp AC on either. I did return two. I gave up and used one of the three I had that the vacuum side worked well and bypassed the bottom end with an electric pump.

Arthur Gould rebuilds any USA, Canadian or Mexican made pumps, not just AC's. They rebuilt a pump for me that had USA and Canada made parts but was not an AC

The company is Arthur Gould Rebuilders. 508-210-0891. They have a web site. been in business a long time.
Very satisfied with the quality of the work and thw quick turn around by Arthur Gould Rebuilders. Dudley

Mine worked from day one and is still working fine. Thank you AGR.

Carters are made in China just like the rest of them.

In addition, watch out for this vendor. It looks like a scam outfit, the only thing I see as automotive is the fuel pump (maybe I didn't look hard enough.?). There seems to be a bunch of these guys lately, advertising stuff that seems to be just what people seem to be looking for but have nothing else. Not only do they get your money, but then ask for a lot more just to "ship"

Back