1956 Front motor mount bracket location

Greasy2

Greasy2

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New owner of previously bastardized 56.

First of my problems is probably mundane to you folks, but I am in search for information on how to bolt on the front motor mount bracket to the block, car did not have this setup when I purchased. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First of my problems is probably mundane to you folks, but I am in search for information on how to bolt on the front motor mount bracket to the block, car did not have this setup when I purchased. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Assuming that you have a Y block engine and the front motor mount bracket, as my memory serves, the motor mount bracket bolts to the timing chain cover. Hold the bracket up to the cover, you should see the bolt holes.

Hill's thunderbird center catalog has an illustration on page 43,I have mine apart right now and can get you pics. I'll have to send them in email since I can't get them to load to this site

The illustrated picture is pretty straight forward my e-mail is ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Please include the model year of your car in the subject on future posts. I added it for you.

No such thing as a mundane question. Your question got me a look at Fordrods great illustration! Plus a look at page # 43 in Hills book. I’ll be needing that soon. Thanks to all in the forum

Thanks to all who responded to my question concerning front motor mount bracket, reason for my confusion was it did not seem kosher that only 2 bolts hold bracket to engine, but as illustration forwarded by Fordrodsteven, I have been set on the right track.

Make sure you have the correct one for the TBird or the harmonic balancer (for the bird only) will hit before seating properly

OK now I'm worried, front mount purchased was touted as T-bird mount, how can I be sure that mount is truly T-bird specific?

OK now I'm worried, front mount purchased was touted as T-bird mount, how can I be sure that mount is truly T-bird specific?
There are no numbers. temporary fit the one you have and slip the balancer in place ( this balancer is specific to the tbird as well hard to get but are now available aftermarket expensive) if it does not hit the mount you are probably a winner........

Not a foolish question. I experienced the same situation. You need to have the correct timing housing with the 4 locations for the front mount. I have the correct front mount if you are interested.

Back