1956 Does it have solid lifters?

Doug, thanks so much. I think I have the mechanics down now.
I was just curious if I had all the proper barrel parts with the stuff I bought on the internet. Will have to try it and see.
Thanks again. Ralph
I looked at one of these for sale on ebay and it looked like there were dozens of different adaptor parts. It may be that what you have doesn't include the right adaptor(s) for the y-block.

The P&G valve gapper comes with different size barrels so it can be used on different size engines. Barrel number 111 1B is the correct one for 272, 292 and 312 Ford engines.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

OK, I'm an old school backyard/shade tree mechanic. But I remember reading that by the fly adjustment was to tighten the lifter so the pushrod had no play, then back off the nut 1/4 to 3/5ths of a turn and that accounts for wear also. Just don't remember how much to back off.

Last edited:
OK, I'm an old school backyard/shade tree mechanic. But I remember reading that by the fly adjustment was to tighten the lifter so the pushrod had no play, then back off the nut 1/4 to 3/5ths of a turn and that accounts for wear also. Just don't remember how much to back off.

if you look on page 1 of this thread I posted a writeup on how to do it that way and how much to turn the nut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back