1956 continental kit mod.

ron56

ron56

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
IMG_0892.JPGIMG_0906.JPG
One thing that always bugged me was the unfinish look of seeing the back side of the license plate bracket when looking between the spare tire housing and the rear bumper. Here is the result of my attempt to hide the bracket. I would have liked to have made the added piece fit the radius of the bumper but I couldn't see any way to do it without a issue at the ends. They would have been hanging out in mid air. The middle of the added piece needed to be where it was to hide the license bracket.

Ron, what materials are you using here? Hard to tell by the picture. Is this wood or canvas covered material and are those straps holding it in place? Thanks

Ron, what materials are you using here? Hard to tell by the picture. Is this wood or canvas covered material and are those straps holding it in place? Thanks
I made it from a flat steel strip 1/8 X inch and a half and 17 inches long. I bent the ends down to mate up to the existing back side of the license bracket. Welded two nuts under the strip and had it chrome plated. To install the piece I used studs and made up a piece that captured the chrome strip from under the existing license bracket right next to the license plate light. Nothing shows unless you get down on your knees. It was hard to get a good picture of the part because of the reflection. Not sure how it would have turned out if I shut off the flash.

Looks great good job and creative

Back