1956 Bumper Exhaust Hole Filler

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am modifying my '56 exhausts to just downpipes on the end. I have seen references to side light fixtures that supposedly fit in the bumper hole. Is anyone familiar with this modification and can recommend the appropriate side light?
If I cannot find a suitable light, I will just fab up a panel to fill the hole in the bumper.
Thanks, Ralph

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have seen 56s with a light in place where the factory exhaust would exit through the bumper. However i have not seen a 'kit" to accomplish this modification. It can be done but you are probably on your own to make and install such light and wire up to existing lighting system.

I have seen 56s with a light in place where the factory exhaust would exit through the bumper. However i have not seen a 'kit" to accomplish this modification. It can be done but you are probably on your own to make and install such light and wire up to existing lighting system.
Thanks, I wasn't particularly looking for a "kit" to accomplish the purpose, just some idea of what kind/type of light might be the right size and shape to fit the hole. Some type of oval light of this size must exist, and that is the quest I am on.
Ralph

Thanks, I wasn't particularly looking for a "kit" to accomplish the purpose, just some idea of what kind/type of light might be the right size and shape to fit the hole. Some type of oval light of this size must exist, and that is the quest I am on.
Ralph
I would look at trailer supply outlets. They have all kinds of different lights that might work. I even used such a light as a high center brake light on the canopy of my old P/U.

If you're going there you might consider placing a larger light behind and flush against the inside of the hole in the bumper. The chrome hole would then frame the light.

If you're going there you might consider placing a larger light behind and flush against the inside of the hole in the bumper. The chrome hole would then frame the light.
Or, I had thought of getting some reflector plastic, cutting it to fit the hole, and then placing a light behind the plastic.
Thanks, Ralph

Back