1955 Turn Signals malfunction with headlight switch

sylvurhfox

sylvurhfox

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have an issue with my lights. I have all the turn signals working properly. The brake lights work properly. All of the lights work properly except when I pull the headlight switch, I get a feed back and the turn signal indicators on the dash light up. I have disconnected both front parking/turn lights at the junction box and it is still there. I have pulled both tail light bulbs out and it is still there. Just wondering if any one has had this problem? Any ideas on what could be the issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
Happy Fourth of July.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

To add to 74's post; Don't forget it is POSITIVE ground not negative.

Does the problem appear when the Parking lights are on or just when the headlights are on? It usually is a ground problem. Sometimes the bulb is not grounding to its socket, causing a backfeed. I have also seen a taillight or parking light bulb burn out and the broken filament drop to the good filament and cause a short that creates that problem.

Does the problem appear when the Parking lights are on or just when the headlights are on? It usually is a ground problem. Sometimes the bulb is not grounding to its socket, causing a backfeed. I have also seen a taillight or parking light bulb burn out and the broken filament drop to the good filament and cause a short that creates that problem.
Thank you for the mention of the filament short. Another good thing to think about.

Back